Friday 30 August 2013

Needing love.

The kids who need the most love will ask for it in the most unloving ways. 


This a quote I came across on Facebook as I'm sitting here waiting for our lasagna to bake. It hit home to me. 

My kids are all very cuddly. They all are loving. But looking back on how B had been acting in the last 3-4 months. I see all the acting out. The fighting, the yelling. The being defiant to teacher at preschool. The anger. 

B just needed some love. He needed to be shown love and caring. He needed to be loved by having daycare respect his human rights. He needed love by his classmates respecting him. But he didn't get that. 

Because he didn't get that we had acting out. Hitting kids. Hitting teachers. Scratching friends. Pushing his sister down the stairs. Pushing kids off the playground. And when things got its worst choking another kid. 

I'm so glad I showed him love. The love of calling him HIM. Using male pronouns. The day of cuddling in bed watching cartoons and telling each other our thoughts and feelings. Having special days. And the best thing, keeping him away as much as possible from the teacher who verbally abused him and did not treat him within his human rights.

Today B is so much happier then just 4 weeks ago. School is starting. He has a bunch of new clothes (I'm a H&M fanatic!) and has all his supplies labeled, thanks to Mabel's labels. Got the ones where you can write in your own name from Walmart.

This quote has made me think that if any of my 3 are upset, or acting out. Just to hug and love them more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment