Monday 5 August 2013

I passed

Today as a family we went out to a local farm. U-pick berries, kids play place, and petting farm.

The three kids went straight to the play area. Tractors, slides, and a barn with a big rocking horse that is stuffed. 

Was great to sit and observe kids at play. The girls were going towards the barn and the small slides, while the boys here were climbing and jumping off the giant tractor. Taking the potato sacks to slide faster down the slides, and slinging sand at each other. 

My girls ran off to the slides and barn. My youngest who is almost 4 stood at the top of the slide but refused to go down, preferring the big fuzzy rocking horse in the barn. 

B had fun. Right away running up to the big slide and launching down it. Making friends with another boy roughly his age. I sat and chatted with the other bits mom. We talked about all things boy, and where to get good deals. For the first time I felt like I passed off as a mom of a boy. 

Not only is it important for B emotionally to pass as a boy. But for me to as well. To use male pronouns. To talk about the shows, and most of all when the penis talk comes up. 

Today I did it. I passed as a mother of a boy. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know you, but I'm so very proud for you hand happy for your kid :)

    ReplyDelete