Sunday 13 October 2013

School on the caller ID

Once again the school pops up on the caller ID. I don't worry that the kids got sick, or that my kid got hurt on the playground. 
Nope, I see that number come up and I know B lashed out some way. The only way he knows how to cope. 

So far in the last two weeks we hit friends, punch people, kick People, throw pea gravel, and the big one. He choked a kid. 

It's to the point homeschooling is on my mind. All the transgender support groups say to do it. The psych we saw at children's said to wait. His principal Mrs S said to wait along with Teacher H, and a few of the teachers on #kinderchat on twitter. 

The psych we saw thinks he could have some gifted qualities. Now to wait for her assmessent then referral to psychology. 

Meanwhile it's a waiting game. Praying he doesn't hurt more people.

I'm getting nowhere with local youth mental health. I think he needs play therapy, but he is too young for that program, and my wallet too empty for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment