Wednesday 10 July 2013

Funerals cause stress

We had to burry my grandmother today. She lived 89 years and was a strong woman. She never really caught on about my child. But my grandmother was happy to have her do whatever she needed.

My child and her sisters did very well at the service. They kept it closed casket till the end. My child did not want to see but her two sisters wanted to view to say goodbye.

They were good at the wake. They tried new food and were good during the speeches.

I came out and told my aunt about my child. She lives in the Midwest area of the USA. She got married and moved down. She was very accepting of my child. Calling child handsome, prince, and using the male version of child's name. It made child beam and glow.

Child also wore a dark navy polo shirt and blue pants to prayers. Then to the funeral service she wore the same shirt and tan shorts. Luckily the family and extended family was welcoming. The priest of the church even talked to my child and I and was open. Praising me for letting my child wear the clothes child wants, and hair cut the way child wants. I just don't know how accepting the priest would be if he knew she is transgendered.

My grandmothers death has not hit me. I think it will take me awhile. I'm going to try to update more.

Thank you

4 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I'm transgendered as well. If you have any questions, or just need some support or advice, please feel free to get in touch. You can email me at jewellshayna@gmail.com.

    Thank you for loving and supporting your child. It will make all the difference for him.

    Shayna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Life is crazy and we are just trying to figure out everything.

      all i can do is love and support my kids!

      Delete
  2. I see your writing switches gender pronouns when speaking of your child. I do the same thing when I speak about my spouse. Apparently, as they transition, we also must make a transition in our perspective of them. It's getting easier as I live with and see 'her' more and more, but, when I think about or discuss things we experienced together 'back in the day' I must use 'him' because it was a male I had those experiences with. It can be confusing for me, and even more so when I'm trying to explain our situation to others.

    I'm very proud of you for supporting your child. Sending much love and light to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im just starting to get used to pronouns. its hard. Im getting better each day. B needs me to be suportive

      Delete