Sunday 19 May 2013

Welcome

Welcome to my blog post. This blog is about my child. My child was born a girl. Along with her fraternal twin sister. She was born first. My baby A. The strong child that kicked, punched, and pushed my belly. My child that had a rough start with allergies. Allergic to both dairy and soy and I was unable to breast feed. My child that spent lots of time screaming in pain from reflux till we found the problem.

A little over two years ago. At potty training age she started to wear boys undies. She wanted Spider-Man. So we bought them. Then more boys clothes came. Till my child was wearing full boys clothes.

My child asked for a penis. It crushed me. I joked around about smelly boy penises. That my child would not want one. Teasing my child... My child would ask once a month for a penis. My husband thinking I was pushing my child to be a boy.

Then since September last year my child asked for a haircut. For short hair like daddy. Finally just after Christmas we took my child to a salon to get it cut even though I'm a hairdresser. I did not want my child hating it if it was not liked.  My child loved it.

Just before my child's 5 th birthday, my child asked to be called a boy. My child has for two years asked to be called handsome instead of pretty. My child has smiled when people call my child a boy. And now my child asked to shorten the name to a more boy sounding name.

My child's twin sister has been calling my child a boy for quite some time. My child likes that. My child plays with boys at the park, and gets upset if they find out that my child is biologically a girl as my child feels like a boy.

Kindergarten starts in September and we are stuck with do we put our child in as a girl or a boy?
How do we truly start this transition.


2 comments: